Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you on Prozac experience sexual dysfunction? This is NOT a question for the ADULT MEETING PLACE, as it is a medical question, not a titillating one.I've been told to switch from Serzone (more constipating) to Prozac; however, a side effect is supposed to inhibit orgasm in females.Anyone on Prozac or Zoloft and can tell me they still have romantic response?Thanks, Joan LowMo------------------Charter Counselor of the United Federation of Planets

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'm afraid I have been on both on prozac and Zoloft. I am currently on Zoloft and my desire for *romance* dissappeared completely sometime while I was on these meds. Unfortunately, that the is the main side effect for many people. I can no longer get aroused at all.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'm afraid I have been on both on prozac and Zoloft. I am currently on Zoloft and my desire for *romance* dissappeared completely sometime while I was on these meds. Unfortunately, that the is the main side effect for many people. I can no longer get aroused at all.

G

·
Last night while watching the Sunday Night Sex Show on T.V. I heard that loss of libido is common with SSRI's but Wellbutrin is one anti-depressant of the same class that does not seem to have that side effect for most.Colleen

G

·
Last night while watching the Sunday Night Sex Show on T.V. I heard that loss of libido is common with SSRI's but Wellbutrin is one anti-depressant of the same class that does not seem to have that side effect for most.Colleen

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ok, I may be only 18, but I've been on Zoloft since I was 14. It never bothered me, thats for sure!------------------"If someone in their right mind, were to use their left mind, they would have to leave their mind, and in the process, might lose their mind."

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ok, I may be only 18, but I've been on Zoloft since I was 14. It never bothered me, thats for sure!------------------"If someone in their right mind, were to use their left mind, they would have to leave their mind, and in the process, might lose their mind."

G

·
I'm going to try this again because last time the message didn't go through. Last night on the Sunday Night Sex Show (I was up doing the prep for my colonoscopy today
) the moderator noted that most SSRI's can have the side effect of low libido but Wellbutrin doesn't seem to have this effect. Just something to ask your doctor about.Colleen

G

·
I'm going to try this again because last time the message didn't go through. Last night on the Sunday Night Sex Show (I was up doing the prep for my colonoscopy today
) the moderator noted that most SSRI's can have the side effect of low libido but Wellbutrin doesn't seem to have this effect. Just something to ask your doctor about.Colleen

G

·
I've been on Wellbutrin for almost a year... Nope, no side effects in the sex department!
although, I was on others that definiatly hampered things!

G

·
I've been on Wellbutrin for almost a year... Nope, no side effects in the sex department!
although, I was on others that definiatly hampered things!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Haven't taken antidepressants myself, partly because of the libido-suppressing effects. But I date girls, and without exception ALL of them who were on SSRIs experienced the libido-suppressing side effect. But let's put it in perspective: One of my prozac-taking buddies said she was more than willing to put up with the libido suppression because without the prozac she was really much more interested in dying than sex. Good point.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Haven't taken antidepressants myself, partly because of the libido-suppressing effects. But I date girls, and without exception ALL of them who were on SSRIs experienced the libido-suppressing side effect. But let's put it in perspective: One of my prozac-taking buddies said she was more than willing to put up with the libido suppression because without the prozac she was really much more interested in dying than sex. Good point.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.