Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I've been suffering from IBS-C for a year now. I've been using Miralax and taking prune juice off and on. I drank some on Friday and some today and both times it gave me bad diarrhea. I've heard the sorbitol is a stimulant and prolonged use of prunes/prune juice can lead to dependency. Anyone else hear this? I'm pretty worried now. The last thing I want is to be dependent on laxatives.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey all. I've been suffering from IBS-C for a year now. I've been using Miralax and taking prune juice off and on. I drank some on Friday and some today and both times it gave me bad diarrhea. I've heard the sorbitol is a stimulant and prolonged use of prunes/prune juice can lead to dependency. Anyone else hear this? I'm pretty worried now. The last thing I want is to be dependent on laxatives.
Yeah, I here ya. The next step will be mainlining the prune juice. Then years of rehab. Maybe check out some Alfred E. Neuman. Or a host other things that could help like a diet of ground black chia seeds, brown rice, pinto beans, mangos and rasperries together, oranges, Hawaiian papaya, raw fresh pineapple, kiwi, figs, shiitake mushrooms, lightly cooked bok choy and magnesium at night, if needed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts