Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried this before and it worked o.k. I'd like to know what does everyone else think of this?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I tried to get my 9-year old daughter to drink it, but she would barely get passed the smell and the color. And although we convinced her to try it, she had already made up her mind. Someone told me they get lots of gas from it. Did you? How much did you have to drink to make it "work". Also, do you or does anyone have any recipes that use prune juice that I could use to get my daughter to use it?[This message has been edited by JP's mom (edited 05-23-99).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your daughter has got to realize that if she is suffering this may help her. Yes, I got gas with this, but at least my BMs were a little better. I am thinking on trying it again.I had a small glass ful every day. You should try it. It may realy help!

·
Registered
779 Posts
BL, I think a small glass is too much to take. That's what i was doing and I cramped up real bad and it gave me D. My doc said it's a laxatif, and to only take a tablespoon once in a while. Try eating the dried prunes instead, it's better, also try dried apricot or any dry fruit mix. Hope this helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I have C the prune juice usually helps, however, I also take Metamucil then. I usually have one of those little individual serving cans. I always keep 1 or 2 in the fridge for emergencies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.