Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Psyllium Husk - Confused?!

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  kc_westcoastgroup@yahoo.com 
#1 ·
Hi, I have heard from a few people on this site that psyllium seed husk helps to bulk up the stools with IBS-D sufferers. I started taking them 2 weeks ago and they have seemed to have helped me to some extent (my stools are not so loose now, although i still have bad gas). But on the label of the bottle i got from Holland and Barrett it states you should only take them for 30 days. I emailed them to inquire if i could take them for longer and they said it was not advised as they are a laxative (the last thing i need at the moment!).How do they work for diarrhea if they are a laxative?!, and has any of you guys taken them for longer than a month?Any advice would be much appreciated.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Thanks for replying so quick Kathleen. They are called Colon Care + and they have Psyllium seed husks 476mg and also contain these herbs: aloe vera leaves 2mg, buckthorn bark 2mg, citrus pectin 2mg, gentian root 2mg, golden seal root 2mg and wheat grass 2mg.Do these sound ok to you?I take 4 in the morning and 4 in the evening half an hour before food.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.