Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may not recognize the username.... I used to be Artspirit. My name is Evie, and I have previously caused some problems on this board, in particular this forum, because I have a little known and understood mental health disorder known as Borderline Personality Disorder (or Dyslimbia as it is sometimes referred too. This is the truth: At the time, I could not help myself. I am since on medication, and believe it or not...yes.... in one-on-one hypnotherapy with my therapist, Pat. I was an abused child and the BPD is a direct result of it. I was diagnosed with it 2 years ago, but was not on medication at the time. I've used meds before for depression/anxiety, but didn't make the connecting link between the meds and BPD. I have since made that connection and don't plan to ever go off of medication again. I am sure that Dr. Bolen is probably familiar with this disorder. Tom is probably also familiar with this disorder.If anyone is curious about it..... here are some links to help with understanding: http://www.mental-health-today.com/borderl...communities.htm http://pub79.ezboard.com/fborderlineperson...picID=143.topic (I am Essencedechat on that board as well)Basically when I am "hit" I feel it 100 times more deeply than a normal person, and it takes me 100 times longer to bounce back.I am truly sorry. I really could not help what I did. I would like to ask permission to read and post on this board again. If I am not welcome, I will understand. Respectfully, Evie

·
Registered
86 Posts
Tom,Just curious after reading your website if you had tried Mike's tapes. If so, did they help you? I'm considering ordering them, although it will be a considerable expense for me. I will have to buy a small tape player or cd player as I don't have one. However, if they work it will be more than worth it!!!Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Misty... I realize that you question is directed to Tom, but since I have just discovered how beneficial and therapeutic hypnotherapy can be, I would like to recommend it for you as well. The kind in which I am engaged is not self-therapy... it is in a private office with a licensed therapist.... but the hypno tapes are probably very similar to the biofeedback tapes that I used several years ago. They did not cause me any problems... they did in fact help me to focus better. I have to admit, though, I was not able to participate in the therapy without taking medication. Good luck. (Hope you don't mind that I jumped in here, Tom)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tom, I am not so sure that others are interested in my experiences. Before I was diagnosed, I wasn't interested in them either. Unfortunate, I guess? Apparently there are some things that we have to experience on our own before they make sense to us...or propel us to make positive changes.I often feel very alone. My spirit doesn't allow me to stay in that state for very long (at least not while medicated.... :) I still cry a lot. I still feel the emotional pain. The Celexa tempers the pain as well as my reactions to it. Without it, and without Pat, as well as my husband, my co-workers, & my dance friends ... I don't really don't know what I would do. I can't be that bad of a person or none of them would care about me. My employer has confidence in me, my co-workers respect me, my dance instructors believe in me, and my family supports me.I often think that maybe the reason why some people don't like me is because rather than complaining, I believe in self help. Yes, there are times when I need to complain. I need for people to listen and I need their support... but when that affects my ability to interact normally and postively with the people in my realtime life, I know that I need to make some changes. I'll be the first one to admit that I sometimes get disgusted with people when they whine. I learned the hard way that I do have choices. If I make bad ones, I will have to live with the consequences. I have at least learned to take ownership of my feelings and actions. I think that is important and counts for a great deal when it comes to the healing process. If that makes me a bad person, then I guess I am bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts