Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the doctor today and they put me on serzone. Does anyone know anyhing about this or has been on it. They put me on it to help my anxiety and are hoping that will help my IBS.

·
Registered
435 Posts
My doc perscribed serzone for me also for anxiety and depression. I am scared to take it, as I have heard both great and terrible things about it. looking forward to an increased sex drive
Anyway, let me know when you start it, okay?LALA

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi teal:How are the new meds going? I know you have other problems right now, and am hoping you're feeling better.
Jean------------------"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." Babe Ruth. And I'm also Praying with Bettie for a cure for this NASTY IBS! Jean

·
Registered
581 Posts
I am planning on asking my psychiatist to put me on serzone next time I see him, I had to stop paxil due to the sexual side effects but have heard many good things about serzone.Good luck!erin

G

·
I don't think that serzone increases sexual drive, but since it has less sexual side effects than other anti-depressants, you might begin to have a sex drive like you did before taking any anti-depressants at all.It does have side effects however. I always like to hear from people who are actually taking a drug..."directly from the horses mouth", if you will.I found this page...I read some of it. I know you want information. Don't be discouraged. Some of the posts are positive and some are negative. At least if you experience any of the same symptoms as some of these people, you will at least have some (clue.) http://neuro-www.mgh.harvard.edu/forum_2/H...RZONE-CanA.html

G

·

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have tried almost all of the major antidepressants. They have been very helpful for anxiety and depression related to IBS, but none have done much for my gut. Serzone is very popular because it has a low side effect profile. It didn't help me, but I can tell you it's really a hit or miss situation with these drugs. You can't really tell until you've tried something. It can be time consuming, but they can also be very useful. Best of luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.