Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi so I've been emptying the capsules of my probiotics into my porridge in the mornings... and I just read on them to empty into a cold meal or beverage. Do you think that the hot porridge is going to make them ineffective? I'm worried as I've done this for a few weeks now.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
HiAlso some probiotic strains have a greater heat tollerance than others, what strains are you taking?cheersian

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
That is not nessecarily true diannef. although it is true that heat isnt great for probiotics in general, they are hard enough to stand up to body temperature and some strains can survive relatively unscathed at temperatures close to boiling in liquid for several minutes. they can also be treated to be heat resistant at higher temperatures for longer periods by bombarding them with slightly greasy UV rays (although this is still a very experimental technique and nothing has been proven, yet and not all strains can be treated this way it would seem).Ian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.