Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate having IBS, but the absolute worst is when I have a D attack (usually after eating) and I haven't had a BM for a week or so. The pain gets so intense that I break out in a sweat and sometimes even cry. I have been known to sit on the toilet for an hour before being able to get the stupid hard stuff out of the way so the liquid stuff can get through. It is horribly painful - one of the most painful things I've ever experienced.I am now taking fiber daily to keep me regular. This way, I am really hoping that when D does strike, there won't be much blocking it.Anyone else get this?JK

G

·
Oh yes, JK. I know what you are going through. I started eating the Ezekiel bread that NewForMe recommended. It does seem to help. I also eat lots of whole grain cereals to try and balance everything out. And drink lots and lots of water. I am waiting to hear about the results of a product called Experience from Tiss. I'm a little leary of trying another expensive product. Have tons of stuff in the cupboards that didn't work out! Good luck. Sharon

G

·
That's what I get too... really sucks, doesn't it? All-Bran helps me more than anything else. As long as I can pass up all those low-fiber, good tasting breakfast foods and force myself to have 1/2 bowl of the cardboard-ish stuff each morning, I'm fine. (Tip - it's not bad if you mix it with cinnamin applesauce.) :)

·
Registered
880 Posts
I've been there. The last time I had bad C, I was breaking out in a sweat, sitting in the bathroom crying, it was so bad I actually prayed for D. For me, it doesn't get that bad often, maybe a few times a year. I do alternate between D and C often although I am predominately D, but the really bad C is only a few times a year. I did get some Ezekial bread I am going to try next time. I also try to get enough fiber in my diet every day.

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Used to happen to me for over 30 years...at one point it was almost every day...just one nonstop grinding pain, sweating, curled up in a ball on the BR floor, climb up and sit through the "first phase" then spend hours and hours in the "second" phase...all night sometimes and into the next day...on the can, to the floor, up, down, lie on my side and smoke smoke smoke to get by...up, down, up down til there was NOTHING LEFT inside but the spasms kept coming...8-10-15 Bentyl and PB; 8-10-12 or Immodium PER DAY.......UGH life sucked.

·
Registered
732 Posts
There is nothing quite like the last hard stool left in from of a large load of D. I have had splasher that hit the bottom of the seat!!My wife says I'm the only person she's ever know who can get D on the bottom of the toilet seat!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.