Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had IBS D for 27 years. Yes the immediate attack (urgency etc) is awful, but worse than that for me is the aftermath. Do most of you feel better after having the D or do you feel "yucky" for the rest of the day. I feel awful ( I call it the bubble feeling cuz it feels like a great big bubble from my lower intestines to my throat) until I have a normal bowel movement, which could be days or weeks from the initial attack. I can't function normally when I feel like this. Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
I too feel a little yucky after the D, but only for a little while. Usually no more than about an hour. Then I feel like I could eat anything, until of course, I try and it starts all over again.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi st,Yep, can totally relate to what you are saying here! After I have a D attack I feel like a total wreck. I sometimes feel kinda drained, and a bit weak for maybe a few hours. Usually by the next day I am more or less ok, but at the beginning of this year I had the worst attack ever and it totally KO'd me for about 2 weeks! For about 10 days all I could do was lay tucked up in bed drinking water and eating crackers. I lost about 12 pounds in one week. Fortunately for me I could afford to lose it, but I sure hope I don't get attacks like that too often!

G

·
St47,I hope it gets better for you soon.For me, when it's really bad I feel better after I'm completely emptied. So I guess that means after the attack I do feel better. The attacks were anywhere from once to many many times in several hours. When it's hours I feel so weak during the entire time.Mentally I don't feel good unless I have a more solid BM and that can take couple days to 10 days' time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, ST47,I can relate BIG TIME. I get attacks 10-12 times a day. The after effect lasts all day. I call it ooogly. My whole body, is queezy. I'm left very weak and fatigued. Generally, I lie down for an hour and then some. Whats worse is a very sore bottom (raw and bleeding)I'm in serious pain most of everyday to the point I can't walk or sit. I just want to curle up and die. Its been so long that I have felt even l/2 decent, I don't know what its like to feel human anymore. My energy level on a daily level very low. I'm always tired and fatigued. I work full time and I don't know how people can function with IBS in this capasity. I can't lay down when I feel sick and my boss gets mad that I go the bathroom so often. He understands but doesn't. I feel like I'm slowly dying. I can't believe there is little help for people in this situation esp. in this day and age. I've had lomotil, it doesn't touch me. and amodium AD helps curb l/3 of it but I suffer the next day because of backup purges. I'm now trying the calcium pills with my meals, I think its helping the 10 secound warning to atleast 5 minutes heads up. For some reason, I really don't believe the problem is with the intestines and its not stress!! I think it has to do with the pancaress or liver being just enough out of wack but not enought to register on a test. Its more around the digestion of food and the acid break down. I've had my gallbladder removed 2 years ago, which makes me more sensitive to fat, but I've had IBS for 15 years. Well, like I said, I get the ooogly feeling all the time every day. Or at least until I'm completly drained and emptyed. The only thing that seems to sit good on my system is fluids. "coke, tea, water etc". Has anyone found anything to help even take the edge off. Or foods that seem to be easier on the system?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts