Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have IBS alternating between C&D. I have read things about taking fiber supplements. I have considered trying taking Benefiber. I was just wondering if this is something I should try. And whats the difference between Soluble and Insoluble fiber? And which one is the best for IBS C&D? thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have taken benefiber on and off for a long time, mostly for IBS-D, but it also helped when I had C. I saw on some other IBS site(sorry no memory here, but the link was all over some other posts in this forum) that explained the difference between soluble/insoluble fiber. If I remember right soluble fiber is beneficial for both C&D, at least it was for me. Benefiber is pure soluble fiber, easy to take, and kind of turns your bm into a gel, wether it's C or D you're suffering from. It worked really well at keeping me as close to regular as I could be. It's only failing me now because I had to do some med changes which sent me way off into IBS-D land. Even now, I take it with LOTS of immodium and I am still able to go almost every day without much pain or cramping, or alot of frequency.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I forgot to add, drink LOTS of water with it, wether you have C or D, water seems to work wonders. I drink it by the gallon. You have to pee alot but it really helps the benefiber work and keep things going good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.