Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am more an IBS-D person but I guess I do alternate on occasion. I remember a few occasions where the BM consisted only of "sinkers" which were kind of pellets which just sank quickly. I assume this is more on the C side of things...My question however is...does a C-type BM necessarily have to be hard or sink right away? I know that sometimes I may have to sit there for a few minutes before anything comes out and when it does, its not necessarily a hard stool but it did take a while. Is this under the realm of C?Thanks,Joe

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi, I am an IBS-C and my stool varies practically from day to day. For me the C is in regards to how long it takes before I can actually go. I've gone as long as 4 days between BMs (ouch!)Hope that answers the question somewhat.Laura

·
Registered
109 Posts
I define C as how long its been since I've gone and how much pain I have because of it... Sometime you might go every other day but for me it seems after a while I get backed up and then I am in excruciating pain until I can finally go again...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts