Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,This is pretty gross, but I noticed lately that the mucus that I sometimes poop in lieu of, well, poop, is getting darker. Instead of being clear, it's now yellow. It looks like the yellow mucus you get in your nose when you have a nasty cold. Is anyone else here having (or had) this problem? Also, what does it mean? (I mean, I don't imagine I have a sinus infection in my butt or anything like that.
) Any answers are appreciated!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The back end produces mucus all on it's own, you don't have to swallow it. It is there to lubricate the lining of the colon like it lubricates and protects the lining in the nose, etc.I'm not sure that mucus color has any particular meaning, other than it could pick up colors from the stools, etc.Bile can be yellow, and is irritating enough it would probably up the mucus, but there would probably be the word burning in your description that I don't see.K.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,Thanks for your responses. I do have a lot of reflux, but I normally don't have burning when I poop, so I guess it's not the bile. If it's just picking up color along the way, that's cool. I was worried that the color was signaling some sort of infection. That's good to know it's nothing to worry about. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.