Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is really, really, gross, but sometimes after I through (with a BM) I can't seem to get clean enough. I think that I am and then come back later and there is more. It's mushy, not loose. I'll think I have gas, and it turns out that I'm not finished. This is so bad that I actually have had to start wearing a LONG panty liner. I was diagnosed with IBS years ago but I've just started doing this a few months ago.Also another question; When I have what I call my "spells" where I cramp and break out into a cold sweat, my back hurts also. Kind of like back labor. Anyone else? Thanks in advance! It's scary sometimes and this isn't something you want to discuss with anyone.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I completely understand. I have been dealing with this for a while. Sometimes I think I am going to use the whole roll of toilet paper just to get myself clean. Alot of times your (sounds gross)rear end is stimulated by you wiping it that it just keeps coming. It's a simular condition like leaking from your bladder (my doc said). Takes time but you will learn your on way of dealing with it.
About those severe ab pains that feel like contractions. If you have had a baby you really know them. Starts hard in the ab carries around both sides then feels like electricity in the lower back that carries to the rest of your body. By the time your attack is finally over you are so weak and tired you shake when you try to stand. Then most of the day you either want a heating pad or an ice pack on your lower back and don't want to be bothered with. I know this so too well. I am a D sufferer. These were my symptoms and kept getting worst with every attack. I just had a hysterectomy 2 weeks ago. I still have IBS but now without the pain. I am only 35 years old, but I have 4 kids and not planning to have anymore. In November I had my yearly checkup with my Gyn Doc and told him of my IBS problems and he gave me an ultra sound which showed my uterus was not in its place (flipped and laying sideways) also was tested and had adenomyosis. The Doc said of my uterus,"If Momma ant happy why do you expect the rest of the house to be happy?" Very country huh. But he had a point. And it's alot better to be pain free with IBS than with the pain. I now just think that any woman who has been told they have IBS should also be checked by there GYN. I think I went through alot of pain that I could have avoided if I seen my Gyn too when it all started. I hope everything works out for you.
Good luck!Donna

·
Registered
62 Posts
I completely understand. I have been dealing with this for a while. Sometimes I think I am going to use the whole roll of toilet paper just to get myself clean. Alot of times your (sounds gross)rear end is stimulated by you wiping it that it just keeps coming. It's a simular condition like leaking from your bladder (my doc said). Takes time but you will learn your on way of dealing with it.
About those severe ab pains that feel like contractions. If you have had a baby you really know them. Starts hard in the ab carries around both sides then feels like electricity in the lower back that carries to the rest of your body. By the time your attack is finally over you are so weak and tired you shake when you try to stand. Then most of the day you either want a heating pad or an ice pack on your lower back and don't want to be bothered with. I know this so too well. I am a D sufferer. These were my symptoms and kept getting worst with every attack. I just had a hysterectomy 2 weeks ago. I still have IBS but now without the pain. I am only 35 years old, but I have 4 kids and not planning to have anymore. In November I had my yearly checkup with my Gyn Doc and told him of my IBS problems and he gave me an ultra sound which showed my uterus was not in its place (flipped and laying sideways) also was tested and had adenomyosis. The Doc said of my uterus,"If Momma ant happy why do you expect the rest of the house to be happy?" Very country huh. But he had a point. And it's alot better to be pain free with IBS than with the pain. I now just think that any woman who has been told they have IBS should also be checked by there GYN. I think I went through alot of pain that I could have avoided if I seen my Gyn too when it all started. I hope everything works out for you.
Good luck!Donna

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.