Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this disgusting show yesterday about parasites called "monsters inside me". As I was watching this show I remembered that when I was about 13 years old I saw some what I think were worms in my stool. It's such a long time ago, but I think they were white and wiggly. It freaked me out at this time and I never told anybody because I was too ashamed of it. It just came to my mind because I was watching this show. Anyway, since I never got treated for worm, can they go away by themselves ? Could it be the reason that I have all these symptoms which my doctor said it's typical for IBS ? I never mentioned the worms to my doctor which I had as a 13 year old. I just forgot about it because I never seen them again in my stool. I can't remember any IBS like symptoms as a 13 year old. I only remember a time as a 17 years old when I had abdominal pain for about a year. The abdominal pain dissapeared suddenly and I usually didn't have many problems with my digestion until I was 34 years old ( that's when I was diagnosed with IBS). Anyway, just wondering about this. Do I need to mention this to my doctor ???

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
If you've never seen them again (assuming they even were what you thought they were) it is unlikely they are completely invisible for years and years and you probably cleared out whatever it was. I would recommend avoiding shows like that if you have health anxiety issues.
You could talk to the doctor, and they can do a stool test, but the question is how much will that soothe you. A lot of people just try to make the test wrong if they don't get the answer the anxiety wants.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.