Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this disgusting show yesterday about parasites called "monsters inside me". As I was watching this show I remembered that when I was about 13 years old I saw some what I think were worms in my stool. It's such a long time ago, but I think they were white and wiggly. It freaked me out at this time and I never told anybody because I was too ashamed of it. It just came to my mind because I was watching this show. Anyway, since I never got treated for worm, can they go away by themselves ? Could it be the reason that I have all these symptoms which my doctor said it's typical for IBS ? I never mentioned the worms to my doctor which I had as a 13 year old. I just forgot about it because I never seen them again in my stool. I can't remember any IBS like symptoms as a 13 year old. I only remember a time as a 17 years old when I had abdominal pain for about a year. The abdominal pain dissapeared suddenly and I usually didn't have many problems with my digestion until I was 34 years old ( that's when I was diagnosed with IBS). Anyway, just wondering about this. Do I need to mention this to my doctor ???

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.