Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone. I just bought some peppermint + caraway oil capsules. In the indications for the dose it's said that they should only be taken for 2 weeks. But i've read about the peppermint capsules on this board and there seems to be many people that use them for longer periods of time. My question is: how long can i take the peppermint capsules? Is there any risk on taking the caps for more tham 2 weeks?Good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Peppermint capsules were garbage for me totally ineffective and peppermint causes acid reflux tooModerators: cookies4marilyn, Kathleen M., Nikki, Sophie UK Go New Find Notify Tools Reply Admin New PM! Personal Zone»Member DirectoryIBS Forums»Chat Rooms»IBS BlogsIBS NewsIBS PenpalsIBS FrapprProfileBuddiesIgnore ListGroupsPermissionsPrivate MessagingNotificationsKarmaPreferencesFavoritesMore...DiscussionPrivate MessageKeyword Search Search current forum only Advanced SearchNew Since your Last VisitToday's Active Topics in this CategoryAdd to My FavoritesPrinter Friendly FormatEmail a FriendHelpManage TopicManage Content in This TopicManage MembersOnline NowControl Panel[/quote]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone ever answered this question? I'm curious as well because I just started taking them and they really seem to help. I did not know there was a limit as to how long you can use them.If they don't work for you or cause GERD or other problems, no need to reply to this. Thank you.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've been taking enteric coated peppermint oil capsules for months now, except while I was on the Vivonex diet (2 weeks). For me they are lifesavers for the pain. I take them 30 min before meals, although if the pain is small I may skip it.The ones I take, however, don't have caraway so I don't know if the caraway might be the reason they told you not to take them for more that 2 weeks.And, as eric said, beware if you have any GERD problems. Peppermint relaxes the muscles so GERD may get worse because the oil itself is very strong, and the relaxed muscles may exacerbate the GERD. And be sure the caps are enteric coated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.