Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I no longer have IBS-C symptoms since I got rid of my gallbladder, BUT I still have big problems when I have to take antibiotics or steroids. Thought they were about to kill me the last 3 weeks or so!! First it was Prednisone for fluid in the ear, then it was Ceftin for an ear infection.I did a little research on colitis and was surprised by what I read about C. Difficile and Pseudomembranous Colitis. One of the interesting things I read about Pseudo... Colitis is that is may be accompanied by "Reactive Arthritis." My question to those in the know is whether C. Diff and PMC could be chronic problems or would they disappear after acute episodes while taking the antibiotics or shortly thereafter.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies. It's just a mystery to me why just in the last couple of years antibiotics nearly kill me. I avoid them like the plague, but what are you gonna do if you have an ear infection that's causing bigtime pain plus blood in the ear canal?? I thought maybe I had C. Diff from previous antibiotics and that taking them again might cause it to rear its ugly head. I never take antibiotics without also taking PB8 acidophilus twice a day, but apparently that doesn't do the trick. I'm beginning to think I will get knocked off by some pissy little infection that will turn into a death bug because I can't kill it with antibiotics!!And, Marilyn, your description of your problems with pseudo... colitis gave me the chills. [This message has been edited by LindaB (edited 03-24-2000).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.