Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HiDoes anyone have information on psyllium? I have seen stuff about it "fermenting" in your intestines in several posts, but don't know what that means. Does this mean that it could cause yeast to grow? Also, someone wrote me that her doctor said it wasn't good to take too much of it, but never E-mailed me back to tell me why.....I have been taking it with good success for my IBS-C, but think it might be causing the yeast infections I was getting. I've cut back to just a small amount now, and the yeast has gone for now. I was wondering if there is a direct connection. Is there a better fiber that would not cause fermenting? I can't eat wheat so that leaves out all the brans and stuff. This IBS is so complicated!!!!Thanks to anyone for any information...Itchi

·
Registered
456 Posts
Well try flax seed there are a number of running threads here provides the needed fiber is all natural. But are you taking the psyillium on capsul for or bulk? I had trouble with the capsuls too bot with all of these added fibers you need to drink lots of water to make them work well.------------------��-whereever you go there you are

G

·
Hi itchy- I take citricil in place of metamucil because it has no psyllium in it. It really helps me. I hope this cam help some.MRW

G

·
I tried psyllium, and couldn't keep it down. I kept throwing it back up, it didin't like me very much. Flaxseed ground up works best for me. The capsules or liquid flaxseed isn't bad, but the seed itself ground up works wonders. I am happy to say it gave me a little more of a regular bathroom schedule, lol.

G

·
My husband and I both use Metamucil successfully. He uses it on an ongoing basis. I use it when the occasion requires. My friend's doctor recommended it for her daily in the treatment of her cholestrol. Go figure!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am now trying the flax seed. So far it seems to work as well as the psyllim, so well, I cut back a little today. I still want to know about psyllium and fermenting. I can't remember who mentioned it in several posts, but my yeast seems gone now.....

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yeast infections??? Now I'm scared... I get yeast infections about as often as the average person coughs. My glands are over-active, or something. I haven't had one (not a nad one) in months though. Geez... Now I'm scared to take the fiber!! LOL! No, I'm not.. I'm kidding, but I would like to know more about that 'yeast' thing...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.