Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got back from my europe vacation 5 days ago and I only had once diarrhia on this trip. Otherwise I was fine, just tired from the trip and heat. I posted before that I have problems with no appetite but on this vacation my normal appetite came back. Strange ! Now I am back and it's like the old days, no appetite. How can that be ? Also, on this trip I lost 3.5 pounds ( 16 days). I did pay attention what I ate and I was the only one avoiding dessert since I didn't want to gain weight. We did walk a lot during the days when we went shopping and sight seeing. I am just wondering why I lost 3.5 pounds. I thought I just ate normal to keep the weight stable. Is this weight loss worry some ? I am actually glad about it but still worried. I am now about 135/136 pounds at height 5'8". Looks good, but it's strange. What's your input ?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
3.5 pounds if you were walking more than normal and watching what you ate isn't really worrisome.A lot of time stress and that is different on vacation than at home with your usual routine with work and all so that can make a big change in symptoms, like appetite.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3.5 pounds if you were walking more than normal and watching what you ate isn't really worrisome.A lot of time stress and that is different on vacation than at home with your usual routine with work and all so that can make a big change in symptoms, like appetite.
My mood was actually better on vacation because I traveled not only with my daughter and husband but also with my in laws. The in laws are very nice and always in good spirit. My husband on the other hand is moody every day and gets defensive over everything, can't communicate and just yells or shuts down. You can already see how supportive he can be when I have IBS episodes.Besides, the IBS which is fine at the moment, he is a major stress factor in my life. The IBS and him together is just a horrible combination. I guess being with nice people made me more happy. Now I am down again because of his bad moods and the positive people are missing. I just hope the IBS won't return soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.