Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am taking fibre supplement and a probiotic (don't think it does anything). However on the tin of Metamucil it says if you take medication take it an hour before or after consuming the fibre. So would taking the probitic at roughly the same time as the fibre cause the probitoc to not work as efficiently?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I think the issue is fiber causes some things to be absorbed more slowly. Some things like to stick to the fiber so may not get fully absorbed or absorbed at the fastest rate.You do not absorb the probiotics, they stay in the gut.So they wouldn't be something effected by fiber.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah cheers for that. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting probiotics. Also would you say it's best to take the fibre before bed or after waking up? Or does it not matter?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I think it is more when you will do it regularly more than what time of day. If there is a time that works for you then I'd do that. It may be worth playin with a couple of times to see if it matters, but it may not.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Kathleen your a star. I have been taking it at night just before bed it it still works just as well maybe better. But it says says you need to drink a fair bit of water and you can't really if your asleep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts