Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was at work, we were having fun it was great. All of a sudden I get one horrible cramp that sends me dubbling over. Okay, I started my period, no problem. But shortly after I got so sick to my stomach I could feel it comming up.(i had already taken a nausea pill so there was no way anything was comming up!) In under an hour I had 5 bm's and spent the majority of my time at work in the bathroom praying! I have never had this happen to me before, I mean yeah I get D and everything gets sensitive but NOTHING like this! And the nausea and the feeling I needed to go (you can only poop so much)went away about 3 hours after it started!! I mean i'm fine now. I had my 6th and normal bm a little while ago! Okay now for the question:I was just wondering if ya'll think it was just the start of my period that made this happen, or was it possible someting else?? (I am so scared it's something else)Have any of you had something wierd like this happen to you??please help me out.All my Love,
Erin

·
Registered
25 Posts
Dear ErinI find that during my period I have D at least 3 times a day and constant nausea. Every time I eat anything I have to take anti-sickness pills. You are not alone in your symptoms.keep smilingAnna from Germany

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hey Erin,Sorry you had such a bad experience. I'd guess many of us have had something similiar happen to us. No, I don't think it's not unusual, at least for us IBS sufferers. And yes, the start of your period may have had something to do with it. The women on the board have discussed this before. Quite a few have complained that their IBS D is worse during their periods. I notice that when I have cramps, I'm more prone to having an irritable bowel. However, I've been better the last 2 months since starting the Caltrate. Have you tried it yet?

G

·
Hi Erin..I just posted something last week quite similar to your post. I had the same exact problem and was actually in bed for 3 days because of it. My opinion is your hormornes are wacky right now which in turn makes everything else wacky. It was so bad for me I couldn't tell which cramps were for what...and going to the bathroom while vomiting was no fun either...hang in there hope next month is better for you

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for replying so Fast!!I'm glad to see that I'm not alone! I was just suprised by how SUDDENLY the symptoms came on. I usually get the D a few days before, and the nausea has never been this bad. I'm taking the caltrate and that helps a lot with the D. It's just the symptoms were like a slap in the face and it just scared me.Love ya'll,
Erin------------------Do not walk behind me, I may not leadDo not walk infront of me, I may not followJust walk beside me and be my friend.

G

·
Erin, I hope that yiou do not feel as bad next month. Even though it is hard to tell, but I hope you stay much weller. Marleen

G

·
I think it's the pressure of your uterus contracting stimulating your bowels at the same time untill everything is "clear" and your menstrual flow can begin. I am often C before I get my period and some months I get a pain that I cant tell if its coming from my IBS or cause I'm getting my period, the same thing that happened to you happens, I'm nauseaus(sp)and going at the same time till I feel relief. Some months, though not all months I can actually go better during the 1st week of my period. I think it is because of the cramping of my uterus because it is so near the bowels, anyway when it happens like that I am glad. I also notice that in the middle of the month when I think I am ovulating (I get a vaginal discharge that is like egg whites)I seem to have more stomach aches and IBS like pain, and am more gassy. Also some months I feel like I am going to faint just before I start to bleed. I can't wait for menopause, but wish I could skip this perimenopausal time. Good luck ------------------Nancy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.