Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, look at the time I posted this. I should be sound asleep but after celebrating with a few drinks (literally more like 6) I cannot sleep to save my life.This has happened to me before, quite recently, where before alcohol actually made me sleepy. I thought that as a depressant it always made one sleepy.....Lisa

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
While alcohol can make you sleepy, it also disrupts the normal sleep cycle.That is why they recommend if you want to use hops to help you go to sleep you drink a non-alcoholic beer
Depending on how the alcohol is mucking with your normal sleep cycle I could see that it could make you not be as sleepy (or make you wake up from sleep) as normal at a given time during the night.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
While alcohol can make you sleepy, it also disrupts the normal sleep cycle.That is why they recommend if you want to use hops to help you go to sleep you drink a non-alcoholic beer
Depending on how the alcohol is mucking with your normal sleep cycle I could see that it could make you not be as sleepy (or make you wake up from sleep) as normal at a given time during the night.K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.