Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have IBS-C with terrible gas. The doctor says I also have a motility problem, but I never had any tests to verify this. I noticed in one of the posts you said Konsyl is the best fiber offered today. So far I have been unable to tolerate fiber. It really backs things up. I have tried many different ones. The only one that has any effect is Perdeum and that is probably due to the Senna. Do you think Konsyl might help or would I be wasting money AGAIN?Does it give gas? What is the best time of day to take it?

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Patsy, that was me who said that, Konsyl has the highest fiber content on the market.It is a tough thing here. In order for it to be effective sometimes you have to take it for up to 2 to 8 weeks and the body has to adjust to it so you suffer with excess gas in the process, but in the end it can really help.Its not a waste of money issue really, but the issue I mentioned above.How long have you been taking the perdiem for?If you were d predominate I would probably say don't try, but c its worth a shot and can be very benefical when you get past the eight week mark.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Patsy, that was me who said that, Konsyl has the highest fiber content on the market.It is a tough thing here. In order for it to be effective sometimes you have to take it for up to 2 to 8 weeks and the body has to adjust to it so you suffer with excess gas in the process, but in the end it can really help.Its not a waste of money issue really, but the issue I mentioned above.How long have you been taking the perdiem for?If you were d predominate I would probably say don't try, but c its worth a shot and can be very benefical when you get past the eight week mark.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:Hi! I have IBS-C with terrible gas.
How is the gas terrible?
quote: The doctor says I also have a motility problem, but I never had any tests to verify this.
Why don't ask for these tests? If you have an intestinal transit problem, then fiber is probably going to make things worse, and you probably want to eliminate it as much as possible from your diet.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:Hi! I have IBS-C with terrible gas.
How is the gas terrible?
quote: The doctor says I also have a motility problem, but I never had any tests to verify this.
Why don't ask for these tests? If you have an intestinal transit problem, then fiber is probably going to make things worse, and you probably want to eliminate it as much as possible from your diet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.