Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fairly new to this board. I use to be D & C, but now find that after a few recent IBS bouts, I seem to be mostly C. I have a question about something I had never experienced. If I'm C for a few days, I develop this "poking" feeling on my left side that feels like it's extending down into my pelvic floor and pushing. It's not really painful, but it's really uncomfortable. I get some relief after a BM. I've had it for a couple of days sometimes.Has anyone experienced this? It seems like I'm more sensitive to it since I had a vulval-vaginal infection a couple of months ago. Would love some feedback. This board has answered many questions for me just by reading the posts.

·
Registered
122 Posts
sdren,I experience a very similar thing - pain in the lower left side. It's not sharp or cramping, just like a dull ache usually. Like you, some relief comes after BM, but not always. Someone mentioned it being an ovary problem since I just had a flex sig and it showed no problems. Someone on the board also mentioned that they think waste "sits" around that area and sometimes it feels like it's blocked. Not much help, but just thought I'd let you know what feedback I've gotten on that topic. I wish we could figure it out!

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi sdren:Have you had either a colonoscopy or the other lower GI tests? I'm mentioning it because, along with IBS I have diverticulosis, which showed up during a barium enema. When it acts up I get pain in that area. But it mimics IBS, so you may just be experiencing an IBS pain. Still, it's best to have it checked out if you haven't. JeanG

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Oh Yes! I was diagnosed about 12 years ago with IBS, but it was manageable. Since January, it's been worse; so in the past few months, I've had all the tests; all of them were clean.This just gets frustrating & you keep wondering if something's wrong that was missed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.