Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having a very bad week this past week and finally decided to take 4 immodium at once. It seemed to help so I've been taking 2 in the AM and 2 in the PM since last Weds. I have not had a bowel movement since although I have been very crampy and gassy. My question is if you take immodium daily do you eventually start having regular formed bowel movements or does the immodium prevent you from having bowel movemments.

·
Registered
125 Posts
What are your symptoms if you don't take any imodiums? How many times will you have a BM a day if you don't take imodium? Unless you cannot hold any food whatsoever, I'd say that 4 imodiums a day is ALOT.driz

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
It's not uncommon for me to take 4 at once either. But yes, usually after taking 4 a day for several days I have to go off of it if I want to have a bowel movement, other wise I stay pretty constipated. If I don't take 4 during a day I can have D up to 4 times usually. Sometimes more, sometimes not a lot. I would only take it if I'm going somewhere, or if I feel really bad that day and need it. Otherwise I would take maybe 2 a day to keep things kind of bulk, but not too constipated. Hope this helps!
Jennifer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.