Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I have been diagnosed with IBS by a couple of doctors, I still feel "is it really IBS, and not something more serious" The question I want to ask to everyone is does anyone have IBS with pain in the mid abdomen on the right side. I have the growling and everything in the lower abdomen, very little C and D but have some discomfort to the right of my belly button on the right side. My IBS is manageable if only I could clear my head of the nagging thought that it is something much more serious. Everytime I hear of someone having a disease and hear the symptons, I say to myself-I think I may have that.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have pain there as well as lower on the same side (always right, never left). Last January, after many many tests, it was determined that I had little fibroids on a wall of my uterus, and endometreosis. At times the pain is almost unbearable (I think it is a cycle thing, but I am not sure). Neither my GP or my OB/GYN feel concerned about it at all, and my GI doc says that those things have no bearing on IBS and it's flare-ups.Have you had an abdominal ultrasound to make sure you have no inflamation there?

G

·
Hi Patti, You don't say what the doctors did to come to an IBS diagnosis. Did you have blood and stool work or other tests like the barium enema or colonoscopy? If you didn't get the tests you should have them to rule out anything more serious. Your pain certainly sounds like IBS pain. My pain travels and isn't always in the same place but I get it on the right in the middle and on the left. I hope you find some tips to get relief. Jackie

·
Registered
820 Posts
Patty,My pain is on the left side. I was told by my GYN that I had scar tissue from having c-sections and because the female organs are so close to the colon, when I'm constipated it causes the constant pain. I have not had much of that pain since I've been on birth control pills and take the Acidolphilus -- I feel pretty normal until I eat something I shouldn't!! As I said earlier, I can relate to your fears.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.