Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
61 Posts
I seem to get gas alot and feel like farting most of the time. When I get this feeling it feels like I need a BM and when I strain my BMS shoot out fast but they are solid. Does having gas make you feel like you want to pass BM'S more? I seem to pee alot and feel like there is gas in my bladder. Does gas get in your bladder?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
People with IBS often have a rectum that is oversensitive to being filled, so sometimes gas causes problems and often there is a lot of urgency with BM's so they may come out faster than usual. Often the rectum acts like it is full to the breaking point even with just a small amount of something in there.Gas does not get from the intestines into the bladder under any normal situations. If you have a fistula (uncommon in IBS, common in some of the other GI illnesses like crohn's) you probably would get more than gas getting in the bladder as once you have an abnormal opening it generally lets everything through, not just gas.Some people have a similar sensitivity to filling of the bladder they have with filling of the rectum. The main medication for that is similar to some of the antispasmodics used to treat IBS and a lot of them will do both rectum and bladder as they don't know what they were approved for and a smooth muscle is a smooth muscle to them.

·
Registered
168 Posts
As Kathleen said, gas does not go into the bladder unless one has a fistula. Do you feel like you are passing air through your urethra? Do you get frequent urinary tract infections? If so, those may be signs of a fistula. Otherwise, it is probably the fullness that Kathleen describes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.