Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
If you are asking the question, it is probably the case. I don't know why, but it does seem that foods for which we have sensitivities are foods that we tend to over-consume. Peanuts can be very allergenic. (I have given them up for years because they give me horrible gas.) If you have a similar sensitivity, that could well explain your stool problem. I know when I find myself having that problem, it usually results from eating too much or too repeatedly of a problem food and it helps to cut down on whatever I am overdoing. I also address it by taking my fiber powder for 2 or 3 days. Combining these two approaches always restores a firmer stool for me.Mark

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
like mark, peanuts give me bad gas, but if i used to drink carbonated drinks, i would get those horrible type of poos. i guess it is what it is for you personally. somebody else was asking questins about this subject recently and there where alot of good answers, if you search teh forum you will find them.Ian

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Sticky messy stools are common for IBSers and may occur no matter what you eat.However peanut butter is high in fat and that will tend to make stools messier than other foods may.While they are messy these types of stools do not indicate you have anything other than IBS. They are not a symptom of something much worse.Some people keep baby wipes around (you can put a few in a ziploc bag to carry with you) because it makes clean up better.This type of question comes up a lot, and still gets the same exact answer every time.see http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=110549

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get urgency with having these kind of stools too. I forgot to mention cinnamon. I eat alot of cinnamon poptarts too.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
As you have been told before .... You should go to the Dr.Here is a thread about a similiar question you asked, the answers would still be the same:http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?act=Search# It is never a good idea to self-diagnose and I urge to seek a diagnosis from a Dr.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts