Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have a list of things that people with IBS should avoid. I have yet to offically be diagnoiste with it but they are pretty sure that I do have IBS I have all the symtons. I have been doing the elimination diet but it is frustrating at times. please anyone with any advice let me know. I am going for a pap test on this wed and have had 4 urin test blood work and a ultra sound done and other then my first urin test everything there after has come back normal. I just need some help with what I should eat and shouldn't eat in the mean time thanks in advanced angie

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Depends on your symptoms.These foods can increase diarrhea (but sometimes are good for people who are constipated)Not all foods bother all people. There is no universal diet for IBSers.Greasy/fatty/fried foodsFruits with sorbitol in them (or any processed food with any -itol in it)The fruits are: apples, pears, peaches, plums/prunes and cherries. Cooking gets rid of the -itols.High fructose corn syrup.Lactose (milk, soft cheeses).K.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the help. means a lot as i am new to this I was told last week that I have IBS but they still want to do more tests and haven't given me any meds yet. angie

·
Registered
118 Posts
My best advice would be don't become scared of all foods cause when I first got diagnosed I was still eating somewhat of a variety of foods, then I got so scared that I couldn't eat anything except crackers toast and water and lost too much weight. Now I don't know what to try. Don't stop eating protein

1 - 4 of 4 Posts