Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am new to the group.I have had IBS as long as I can remember.I just wasn't diagnosed until a little over 2 years ago.I was diagnosed a few months before I had my gallbladder taken out.I am on Librax and Konsyl (psyllium fiber).I generally do fine with the exception of ovulation and the monthly time.My Q is does anyone else get like blood boils ? I get them in the bend of my leg in the upper thigh area.I know when I get these I have a rough couple of weeks ahead. I guess it could be related to something else.?

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Lil princees, my guess it is something else and not related to IBS.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Lil princees, my guess it is something else and not related to IBS.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Do you think the boils could be caused by a staf infection you may have gotten at the hospital when you had the surgery.Now that I think back I had those also after surgery they would come up every couple of months mostly on my stomach area where the incision was. They are very contagious and you can spread the infection to other parts of the body.Does this sound likely to you. Did they start after surgery.Linda

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Do you think the boils could be caused by a staf infection you may have gotten at the hospital when you had the surgery.Now that I think back I had those also after surgery they would come up every couple of months mostly on my stomach area where the incision was. They are very contagious and you can spread the infection to other parts of the body.Does this sound likely to you. Did they start after surgery.Linda

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
This sounds more like Crohns or IBD than it does IBS"High levels of toxins that result from IBD cause several other symptoms, for example recurrent canker sores, skin boils, slow healing of wounds, or even gangrene."Maggie

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
This sounds more like Crohns or IBD than it does IBS"High levels of toxins that result from IBD cause several other symptoms, for example recurrent canker sores, skin boils, slow healing of wounds, or even gangrene."Maggie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do know it is not Crohn's.My brother in law has that.I do not have any blood in my stools.I do have SEVERE bloating constantly.Greasy foods = urgent bathroom trip.I think I may have some sort of vitamin definciency. I only get the boils before and during a very heavy Menses. I know I don't eat a well balanced diet.I only eat once a day.That is all I can hold.I have tried a one a day vitamin,that makes the D worse. I do have a Dr. appointment coming up . I will tell him about this. Also , When I was about in the age range of 14-18, I had boils constantly .Mostly on my tummy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do know it is not Crohn's.My brother in law has that.I do not have any blood in my stools.I do have SEVERE bloating constantly.Greasy foods = urgent bathroom trip.I think I may have some sort of vitamin definciency. I only get the boils before and during a very heavy Menses. I know I don't eat a well balanced diet.I only eat once a day.That is all I can hold.I have tried a one a day vitamin,that makes the D worse. I do have a Dr. appointment coming up . I will tell him about this. Also , When I was about in the age range of 14-18, I had boils constantly .Mostly on my tummy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts