Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am 33 yrs old and was diagnosed with IBS C about a yr ago. At that time I experienced much pain, bloating ETC. but then the symptoms seemed to subside. However the last few days have been terrible I am sure that is has come back to haunt me
I am now experiencing pain in my upper left side near ribs in addition to feeling full all the time and just all around being very uncomfortable, I am just wondering if anyone else has had these symptoms and if so how u deal wit them, any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated...Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
28 Posts
oddly enough it seems as though many ppl have pain in different locations due to this IBS.. I have the pain in my lower right side..my mom has it around her ribcage area. But I think that if you were diagnosed a year ago..and it is flaring back up..stick with a good diet for IBS, and go see your doctor..wishing you the best..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi everyone,I was diagnosed with IBS in 2001 at the age of 17. I am now a nursing student at a local university. So with some experiences of that, and working at a convalcent home for 3 years in recreation, and dealing with IBS, i got some good rememadies here for ya...In these past 2 years i have learned many stragies to get rid or help with my flair ups. Regarding the Gas build up and upper left abdomin, do not use GASX, theres been rumors around that its bad for your organs, try PHAZYME. also, when your stomach feels gassy, try GINGER ALE, and if it still bothers you, try pushing on the areas that are bloated, that will help the gas to pass through. Also, my fav. is SHERBERT! It just helps my tum feel better and get rid of gas, dont ask me how it does, since its really only sugar and ice but it does, try it. Out of all of them i would drink ginger-ale when u get up, it will help you gas and burp. Also, when you get up in the AM tryin walking a little bit. Your body could be developing gas pockets at night and when you wake up you are all crampy and bloated. So walk in the am and hopefully that should help! If not talk to ur gastroenterologist for gas relief! Hope this helps!Melissa (future RN)!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
quote: Regarding the Gas build up and upper left abdomin, do not use GASX, theres been rumors around that its bad for your organs, try PHAZYME.
This seems unlikely to me. They both contain the same amount of simethicone as the only active ingredient. I've tried both when I have (what I think are) IBS gas attacks. I have not noticed any measure of relief from either one.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Ditto...They both contain simethicone which is the same drug so it shouldn't matter which one you take.Simethicone is one of the few drugs that is safe to give to infants. It is not absorbed into the body and the last time I looked over the drug safety info (and I don't suspect it has changed) there were no known side effects and no known cases of overdose.K.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Regarding GasX since i dont know anyones age, GASX is not good for thouse who are 65 and older, this info is comming from a doctor that i work with. he was telling me about it awhile ago.It may be good for those who are younger, but if you are 65 and older some chemical in gasx doesnt go well with your system.just what i heard

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, I just wanted to say Thank You to everyone that left replies in response to my post I really appreciate it I also wanted to say that I think that it is great that there is a website like this it really helps knowing that u are not alone...Thanks Again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.