Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently living through some painful symptoms. (C - aches - pains - bloating - nausea) Currently tests are being run, I have not been officially diagnosed with IBS-C, but I suspect that is what it is.I am currently miserable, my spirits are down, all I want to do is rest and sleep (so i don't have to deal with the pain). So my questions are as follows.1. Do you always have pain? Does it go away for longer than a few hours? (sorry, that was 2
)2. Is it chronic constipation as in all the time? (meaning does it go back to normal - i have not had a normal bm in weeks.)3. I was given zelnorm and went off after a week, my pain was much worse. Is there another drug to take to help with this, or do you just take laxatives forever?Thank you for taking the time to read this and answer any questions. Right now I'm just frustrated, in pain, scared and want some answers.Thank you again,All Plugged up & in pain

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I tended more to the D side of things.1. I usually had some pain all the time, it would spike several times a day where it was a lot worse, but there was always some pain while I was awake. The pain didn't bother me while sleeping.2. Some people with IBS are constipation predominate. How much is every single day vs off and on will vary. It can be every day.3. Amitza was just approved. Miralax is an osmotic laxative that works for some and avoids the whole stimulatory laxative abuse potential.Most people eventually find what works for them, so read around and keep trying things until you find what works.K.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I used to have alot of pain but went on bentyl for many years- that helped but now I am off and I am doing fine. I take reglan to get thing throught the gut faster, miralax , zelnorm and milk of mag off and on. Im going everyday and most of the itme I feel good- I do have bad days of incomplete empying and pain once in a while- like this week Ive had pian but I knwo that it goes away eventulaly so I don't stress over it. before finding this regime I took lots of fiber- I mean mega mega doses but hat was not as effective as what I do now plus I was mega bloated. I love miralax. oh by the way I have to take 3 doses instead of the usual once a day dose- so try different things b/c each of us is different even though we share this horrible " disease". Best wishes- keep reading the posts to get ideas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.