Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like Beverly I too have just recently been diagnosed with IBS and for the past month I have been doing the following: At present I have been perscribed the medication DICETEL 100mg to be taken three times a day a half hour before each meal. As far as diet goes I abstain from cheeses, ice cream, anything acidic ie tomatoes/ sauces, grapefruit/juices, oranges/juices, cabbage, beans of any kind! Broccli, cualiflower, anything gaseous.Without fail every morning I have a half to three quarters cup of All Bran mixed with fat free yogurt and unsweetened apple sauce. At noon or relatively close to lunch time I have a salad; cut up lettuce, bacon bits, a fat free dressing with fat free sour cream and a tablespoon of mixed nuts (protien) and a bowl of fresh cut up fruit: Strawberries with blueberries, pinapple, papaya. For my dinner meal I again eat more salad and a portion of meat typically chicken or pork. I abstain from red meats due to a history of Ulcerated Colitis from Age 10 through to age 31. It has now been fourteen years or more since the last flare up.As for liquids I drink an 8 ounce glass of cranberry juice with the medication. I allow myself one cup of coffee with my breakfast. Throughout the day its water, water, water! I feel like my kidneys are floating!!! LOLI have your typical symptoms multiple movements on a daily basis from diaherria to constipation and bloating and yes elimination is always the relief!Is there anything else I should or could be doing to have the best quality of life on a daily basis.Another question can this IBS be controled with diet only so that I don't have to be on any kind of medications?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.