Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the group, and I have a lot of questions. I have lived with both IBS (alternating cramps, diarrhea, and constipation) and incontinence for over three years. Unfortunately, medications for the incontinence often cause IBS flare-ups. Does anyone else in this group manage incontinence AND IBS?Also, I have a real problem with odor control. I experience incomplete evacuation with most of my bowel movements, and often strain (and then end up "leaking"). I currently use unscented body wipes and soap and water, but that is usually not enough to control residual odor(especially in public restrooms). I occasionally use an enema to complete evacuation, but that is not a viable solution outside my home. Does anyone have any odor control/hygiene suggestions?Even when I manage complete evacuation without excessive odor, I have constant, smelly gas every day, although I avoid my specific food triggers (caffeine, red meat, certain vegetables, fried foods, wheat products, lactose, and refined sugar), I have increased my fiber intake, and I exercise (for 30 minutes at least three times a week). I use simethicone tablets, acid reducers, Beano, and Pepto Bismol. None of them are effective for long (30 minutes, maximum). I can't use more than a certain amount per day without risking my health. I've tried chlorophyllin tablets (the so-called "internal deodorant"), but, at least for me, they don't work. Has anyone tried Devrom (bismuth subgallate) tablets for gas? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for being here.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts