Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am giving Questran a try for my IBS D.My question is if it has an effect how long should it take before I notice any difference?I am taking 1 sachet per day to begin with.

·
Registered
79 Posts
hi jmc09, I am in the same boat, i have just recently started taking Qestron Light, apperantly the only diff between questron and questron light is light has artificail sweetener instead of sugar. Anyways its only been a couple of days for me (1 satche a day) and so far i am worse then usual,,,I would similarily love to hear from anyone who has taken this med and how fast they responded.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I tried Questran for my D (I still have gall blader) around half a month ago. And I felt myself worse after one day, I felt urgency and a huge pain with it and I needed to run to toilet and I didn't have it without Questran.If you still have gall blader and is trying Questran for your D I read somewhere that you should stop it after a week if it doesn't help you, because of side effects.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I had my gallbladder out in 1981, my ibs appeared in 1996, but i was still given questran to try for the D, I was on 2 sacets a day and it for 8 months it did not help with the D at all.

·
Registered
79 Posts
ummm, been a few days . no improvement, did anyone have any luck with calcium caltrate, any long term effects to be worried about with that

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried Calcium and it made me worse!I felt it irritated my stomach/bowel so stopped after a couple of days.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Generally Questran is either it works or it doesn't. So if by the end of a week (and maybe another week at a higher dose if that is an option) or so if there is no difference it probably isn't for you.No treatment works for everyone, but all of them work for some people.I don't know of any dangerous side effects that you will have if you keep taking it, but it isn't something that is likely to build in effectiveness over time like some treatments and taking something you don't need and won't help doesn't make much sense even when it is low risk. You may need to make sure you don't take it with other medications or with vitamin supplements, but that isn't a major reason to make it too dangerous to take if it isn't helping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts