Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on Questran for a long time and it seems to help my IBS-D, but getting tired of the mixing it in water routine. Was thinking of trying Colestid because it comes in pill form, which would be more convenient when away from home.For IBS purposes, are the two pretty much interchangable? Also, I heard the Colestid pill is huge, is that true? thanks.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
The Colestid is a fairly large pill. And from what I have read some folks find no difference between the effectiveness of either form.... and others.. do find a difference. It is an individual thing and preference I suppose. It would be nice to be able to take Colestid for ease & convenience like you mentioned for sure...Why not ask the Dr for a trial of Colestid?? Can't hurt to try it.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
You might check with the pharmacist as some large pills can be OK to cut with a pill splitter and take in segments.Depends on if it is coated for time release, or for intestinal release. I don't think this pill is either, but I don't know for sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.