Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been on Questran, which for those who don't know is the bile binding drug used to treat Habba Syndrome, for about 2 weeks now and I am feeling so much better. I know I don't have full out Habba, because my BMs aren't completely normal and firm, but I can't even remember the last time I've felt this good. I went from almost daily D attacks and cramping to one or two firmer, pain free, urgency free BMs a day. The only problems I'm experiencing are cramping, which I've read should eventually subside, and the feeling sometimes that I need to go when I don't. In fact the first or second day I was on it I felt the cramping and sweating and urgent pains of diarrhea, but couldn't have gone if I wanted to. It's gotten less and less crampy with each day though, and now I can actually eat while I'm out and about without having to rush home. I also find that I still have eating anxiety, which as long as the meds keep up I'm hoping it will subside as well. I pray and hope that my body doesn't build a tolerance to it and put me back to square 1!I just wanted to post this and share my success and to encourage those of you who haven't tried Questran or anything similar to at least give it a try! It can help even if you don't have Habba Syndrome.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nancy: No, I have not had my gallbladder out. I'm sorry to hear you're flaring. :(By_the_way: Well, I'd still say I have softer stool than most people, but it's not liquidy anymore, which was what it basically was before. It definitely firmed it up a lot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ziggy: No, I have never tried that, but I will definitely look into adding that to my regimen. :(Steve: Thank you for the kind words, I'll definitely keep you posted with any changes! I've actually recently found that eating about 20 minutes or so after I take the Questran helps the cramps, which is unheard of in my body! And to answer your question, it's the powder form. Yucky, but I'm used to it now. :)petra: Thanks! It's ordinary Questran, I believe.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well today I discovered that I'm still partially a slave to what I eat. I ate fast food yesterday just to kind of test it, and fatty foods still get me. I didn't get diarrhea, but the closest thing I've had to it since starting Q...it was strange though, it was like my old loose stool without the pain. And I almost don't even feel the urge to go unless I sit and try. But I'll take it, and now back to my fat free diet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.