Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone taken the perscription "Questran" for IBS-D? I was recently diagnosed and in addition to Nu-Lev, my GI doc perscribed Questran. It's a bile binding resin (I think I am speaking correctly) which is supposed to bulk things up to help prevent loose stools. I have been having a really hard time taking it as, to me, it tastes like chalk. So...just wondering if anyone has had success with it (if so, I'll keep plugging away). If anyone has a secret for keeping it down, that would be wonderful news!

·
Registered
517 Posts
2 weeks ago I started taking a similar drug Colestid. I chose Colestid since its a pill and I remembered how gross Questran was when i'd tried it years earlier. So far the colestid has greatly improved my symptoms. Before I was having daily D, in the morning and sometimes after eating. I'd get cramping and have burning D. But since taking the colestid my D has stopped and I haven't had much, if any pain. I've been having formed stools and I don't get pain when I have to go. So i'd suggest if you can't take the powdered questran to ask about Colestid pills. They are big pills that you can't cut or crush but its easier then drinking that powder for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts