Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternon All, This morning till about 2 today I felt dead to the world and had 2 cases of cold sweats at the office. Now i fell perfectly fine and had some diaareha all of a sudden with some oily substance in with it. Has anyone else had this before?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Do you suffer with IBS, or was this a one-off?Soft, oily, floaty stools can be indicative of gluten intolerance and/or Coeliac Disease. The sweats and fatigue was an indication that your digestion was struggling. You obviously have some damage going on down there somewhere. Why do people fall asleep after a large meal? Because their bodies have to shut down whilst the digestion deals with the onslaught!My IBS didn't go until I figured that I was gluten intolerant and dumped the gluten. I also dumped dairy for a while as my digestion couldn't cope with it very well either, but now, two years on, I can cope with a little.What I have realised is that the Western diet is making us all very sick. The only communities and cultures in this World that are still relatively healthy are those untouched by our diet. Those that eat a good wholesome ALL-NATURAL diet with nothing processed or mucked about with!Whilst we are designed to cope with the natural sugars and carbohydrates in fruit and vegetables we were never designed to cope with the rubbish that lines the supermarket shelves. Whilst we could probably cope with a small amount of fresh stoneground wholemeal bread with all its nutrients intact - the nutrients that are there to help us digest it, the pap that passes for bread on the shelves is nutritionally devoid and extremely damaging.Although fatty, floaty stools are indicative, it is not fats per se that are the issue, simply that the gut damage is stopping the fats being processed properly along with everything else. When I realised that, the fact that food was coming out the other end completely undigested all made sense.Whilst my digestive system is still a work in progress, it is hugely better than it was two years ago, and as a result, so am I. As Hippocrates said 'all disease begins in the gut'. Get the gut right and health will follow. But to get the gut right we have to give it the right tools to work with. The better the food, the better the health. The more nutritious the food the less we need, and the less the digestion has to deal with. More energy is a by-product!I will never go back eating the 'normal' Western diet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thank you for your response. I have a colonoscopy up on Wednesday to make sure nothing bad is going on down there. As far as celiac I did have blood work to rule that out but i guess they could be wrong? I feel fine now just weird from all the usual pains then all of sudden this as i haven't had diarrhea recently and the bm this morning i had was normal shape but a lil tanned/yellowish then usual.My gi doc was off today and my primary believes it was either a bug or just anxiety of next week.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It could be a bug or anxiety but bear in mind that it can often take several tests spaced apart to pick up Coeliac/Celiac. When I first approached my Doctor two years ago she knew absolutely nothing about Celiac at all. I even lent her Peter Green's 'Celiac epidemic' book to read!She had sent off my blood for a test but of course it came back negative so I was 'not Celiac'. When I saw her some months back, she mentioned that she now finds that she often needs to present at least four or more tests over several months before anything will come back positive. She obviously has genned up since she tested me - shame she didn't know that back then! A negative result in the blood test does not mean that gluten is not an issue.....just because it is not diagnosed doesn't mean one doesn't have CD!I had been off the gluten too long for any test to be of any use now - I just could have done with the help back then when my digestion was so bad I could hardly eat anything. Mind you, the only help I would have had here in the UK, even if I had been diagnosed, would have been gluten-free prescription carbohydrates, and as I have realised that it is not just gluten but any kind of processed carbs and starches that are the issue for me (and probably many others judging by the posts I have seen on Celiac forums!) then I wouldn't have bothered eating the stuff anyway.It is all linked - there are links between Celiac and Diabetes, Celiac and Thyroid issues, Celiac and digestive issues, Celiac and malabsorption, diabetes and digestive issues and so on and so on and so on! It is not until people are exposed to the Western diet that they get the Diabetes, and the Thyroid issues, and the Arthritis, and the Celiac, and.....and.....and.... Wherever it goes, you can bet that our 'Western' diseases will be hard on its heels!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts