Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, in about half an hour, I have to leave my house, walk for 10 minutes to a primary school, then I have to teach recorders for an hour, help with guided reading and then play my flute in a concert they're having!! This would all normally be fine. But. I'm having a sort of bad day. It could be worse, in that I haven't got D too bad, but the urgency is still there. I would still usually be fine....but....I've run out of imodium. The nearest place that sells it isn't near enough, and I don't quite know what to do. I haven't eaten anything today, I'm waiting till I get home after all this....but I'm worried something's gunna happen when I'm in the school. Anyone got any ideas??Thanks.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Sorry don;t knwo if you left already or not. Or even what day this was posted. Other than Imodium and Lomotil I don;lt have any idea. WIsh I did. I have panic and anxiety attacks the minute I even think about going out the door.Good luckKat

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone
Surprisingly it went fine, and cus I was kept busy all the time I didn't have time to worry. I'm still feeling pretty bad this evening though. I was ravenous when I got home, so had some veggie fingers, egg and mash (which I'm usually sort of ok with) but it's not being as nice as usual. I'm not too bad, but just feel....icky.Definitely gunna have to stock up on the imodium whenever I get the chance now. Don't know how I used to live without it!On that note, does anyone know where in the UK I can get more than a box of 6? Don't care if it's own brand stuff, it all seems to work the same on me.Thanks.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm so glad it went well. I actually stayed home today while trying new meds but I do find for the most part that the distraction at work does sometimes help me to forget about "going".

·
Registered
112 Posts
I live in the US now, but I think I heard someone say you could get a prescription from your GP for immodium (the generic drug anyway) and depending how many he or she is willing to give you, then that's how many you get. I'm not 100% sure on this, but check it out.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Qwerty;Glad you made it through ok. Probably why the food you ate when you got home didn't do that well by you was because you had nothing in your stomach for so long, it probably rebelled.Can you order online through a U.S. company for your immodium? For me, Sam's club had 2 bottles of 30 each and I paid I think $12?. Maybe that would be an option for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone. I'll have a look round and see what I can find then. Ordering through a US company sounds like a good idea, as long as they ship here and shipping isn't a stupid price.Last time I saw the doctor it was a complete waste of time, (and I HATE doctors) so I don't really want to go again if I can get it somewhere else.Thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.