Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what a normal bowel movement is supposed to be like? I am confused I think I am having a IBS moment becasue I usually suffer from C but I have been going everyday and I just want to know if it is normal or D.Appreciate your help x x

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Is it in pieces (loose) or watery?As long as it mostly holds together I wouldn't call it diarrhea even if it were a bit on the soft side.FWIW up to 3X a day is considered in the normal range so every day isn't diarrhea unless you have consistancy issues.K.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know this sounds gross and I am sorry. It is soft and formed like a sausage and sometimes in 2 inch pieces and sometimes I don't even have to wipe. The only thing I am a bit worried about is if I lay on my back I can feel a sausage shape on my right side. I have never noticed it before but I have lost about 15 pounds in weight over the last few months and maybe I can just feel it now?? What do you think should I be worried or am I just normal and not used to it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have had that problem before. I take 10 flaxseed capsules and eating two All-Bran bars (yes they do taste great!) and two high-fibre bread slices. You need to eat a tad bit more insoluble fibres than soluble fibres and that will fix the sausage problem. Soluble fibres will add mass to the stool and insoluble fibres will add the gel to help it ease out. That sure fixed the sausage effect and now it comes out in one going.

·
Registered
332 Posts
i get d for def but am forever being told i have excessive fecal matter. personally i'd like to know how that's possible but there you go. I can feel my colon like a sausage when i lie on my back when my stomach isn't bad and if i press on my lower right when i'm bad then it goes squish which is quite amusing though painful! dunno if that's any help at all but hey!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that I do keep pressing and you are right it does squish. I don't seem to be having a bad episode of IBS at the minute I don't think but that has been there since I had a bout of gastroenteritis about 3 months ago. I am just slightly worried. The Dr has done some bloods becasue he said it seemed inflammed but they came back normal. I thought I had D but obviously my body is getting normal and I am not used to it I suppose lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.