Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, as part of the various problems I have which I have talked about on this board before, the worst is still that horrible painful - teeth clenching pain when passing that first stool in the morning that feels like a sharp rock coming out of u. The thing is I get the urge to go to the loo and its there waiting to come out but just causes so much pain to let out, often then causing blood to drip the bowl and on the tissue afterwards. Interestingly, often after the first little bit that is that hard to get out everything else is a lot easier to pass. Anyone got any good ideas which I can use to alleviate this problem. I am trying some Ayurvedic/herbal medicine at present (have been using this for the last 4 months) but without any real positive results. I just really need something to alleviate the pain if possible. If you can help please could u let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
34,955 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello, thanks for your response. Indeed I do have fissures and have had botox injected but it hasnt done any good because whatever is imbalanced in my intestines keeps causing me to pass hard stools so I really need something to soften those early morning stools.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Try Magnesium supplements (Magnesium oxide like 400 mgs a day which is the RDA, some people need less others more, but stay under 1000 mgs a day), OTC stool softeners (colace) or see if altering the fiber/water balance in your diet helps.Those are all suggestions for altering the consistancy of the stool.K.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts