Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im new here im a 21 year old male with ibs d for a year now, ive tried to change my diet but nothing seems to help i have random attacks sometimes once a week or every day on occasion. either way my stomach is constantly moving twitching, spasms, i have slight gas at times which causes uncomfortable belching which has to be forced out to feel relief, when i have D it is after i eat and starts with a pain in the uper left hand side of my stomach (just below my ribs) i feel great once it is over but the pain during is intense. watery usually browish tan or slightly yellowish but darker, a regular BM is not so regular though, very odd shaped or colored or textured always, i haveint had a normal bm in a while does anyone have similar symptoms with twitching or belching, i have been to the doc a year ago CAT scan and the tube down throt also checked for gallbladder everthing normal. im going to try calcium, also concerned about weight loss. thank you.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Good luck in your search for a cure or some help. Try anything and everything. What works for some doesn't for another. I was on the calcium for awhile and it worked great. then it stopped working me me. Don't know why. Guess cause the stress level in my life is way more than before.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
HI Josh and welcome.Yes the good old pain under the left rib. Many of us get it. My DR says you track takes a SHARP turn there and gas gets stuck in there. I seen pic's and yes it does. So it is gas in that sharp turn.I too never know when I am giong to have an attack. I can eat onething on Monday and be fine but eat it on Thurday and I am up all nigh tin the bathroom. I justnever know and i Hate it.Good luck. Hope you feel better.This place is great. So many who care and know what you are going throughg. It is so nice to be able to talk and share with peeps who know how you feel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx everyone, still wondering about twitching and spasms in the intestines/stomach, not painfull just anoying, and also about weight loss from D im stayin a steady 130 but it is hard to maintain and is impossible to gain anything. used to be 160 a few years ago in high school. im going to try calcium now i'll tell how it works, thanx again.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yep, I get the pain under the left rib, all the time!! I try to manage it by drinking alot of Fennel tea. It's supposively really good for gas and bloating. It's no miracle for sure. I still get those pains but they're not as intense anymore. Try it! Also, Anise tea is great, too. I'm sorry that other people have to experience this but I'm also glad to know I'm not the only one that has this!!I hope you get to feeling better soon!!Michelle

G

·
Hi there! My doctor gave me Bentyl for the abdominal pain (that was a few years ago), and right now I am currently on Levbid. So far, I think the Bentyl worked better.For me, it never matters what I eat, even my gastroenterologist told me it wouldn't make much difference what I ate, altho I DO avoid dairy. My sister has colitis and has very bad pain, she takes Lomotil. Not sure if you would want to try any of these, but I just thought that I'd put that out there. It seems to help her. I have very good things about the calcium!! I would try it! And, for me, Metamucil (I take it once a day) helps control my D somewhat.Renee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.