Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having a bad couple of days. Let me start by telling you my latest incident. I had a job interview on Friday. It was two hours away. I have a friend who lives near the town where the interview was and she said I could get dressed at her house. Instead of wearing my suit in the car and getting all wrinkled. As I approach being about a half hour from my friends house that familiar horrible stomach cramping and gas starts. I start to panic because I am on a toll road with barely any exits. After fighting it for about 25 min. I get off the highway and try to find somewhere asap with a toilet. I am driving in a semi rural area freaking out. I finally find a dunkin donuts and find that it has a median in the road so I can't make the left turn I need to get there. So I turn around and as I am turning around my stomach and bowels say I have fought this long enough. I end up completely filling my pants about 50 ft. from the building. D was everywhere. Up my back on my shirt. I am panicking because I have a job interview in about 4 hours. What am I going to do. So I make my way into dunkin donuts bathroom thank god a single bathroom. I am in there probably over an hour exploding at least this time in a toilet. While still going D I am trying to take off my clothes and get rid of my panties and t-shirt. I accomplished that. I start to clean up with the paper towels and soap what I could. At this point someone is knocking on the door. I tell them I am not feeling well and I will be a while sorry. They sounded annoyed. Which I know how that could feel. I feel really bad. I clean up the best I could put on my still soiled pants and try my coat around my waste and go out to my car. I decide that I have to find another place to finish this horrid clean up. I found a grocery store. I went in there and thank god didn't have to ask where there bathrooms were they were right when you walk in. I love you Wegmans. I stink to high heavens. No one in the bathroom thank god. So I try to finish cleaning up the best I could. Which I believe I did a good job. I put on my suit and spray myself down with perfume. The only thing I could do was hope for the best. At this point I knew I just had to go to the interview and forget going to my friends. I went to buy some depends. My stomach has been fine lately and I ran out of diapers. I didn't even think to make sure I wore one. I haven't had an accident in over 6 months. The interview went well. I hope I didn't stink too badly. I think I did a good clean up a sink bath. I wish I been brave enough to tell my friend what had happened and just went to shower at her house. I am always so nervous to tell anyone about my illness. How have you all been able to tell your friends and co-workers. My family is pretty supportive thank goodness. Thank you for letting me vent. I hope after all that I get the job.

·
Registered
311 Posts
i've had this d thing for over 7yrs........i've had many close calls, but luckily i live in a populated area with lots of places to get off the freeway to find a bathroom...........but there have been times that if i didn't get on a toilet, it would have been just like ur session.........have u looked into adrenal fatigue?.........it has a large control over the intestines........the thing is, the stress of going to a job interview is what did it for u.........i've had many times in the past, where i'd be fine for days or a week & just need to go food shopping & just the stress of getting ready & leaving the house, would wreck me..........there were times i was in the store for 30mins & 25 of them were spent in the bathroom.......at that point i would just pack it in & go home........& u know the weird thing is that when this would happen, as soon as i was in the car & on my way home, the awful feelings in my gut would just stop.......i only recently realized that the stuff i take for my adrenals is a sure cure for the D.......i've been seeing this dr for, it will b 2yrs the end of next month & in the past 7-1/2yrs the D just got so much worse than it had ever been.......i've had issues with this most of my life, but they were always short lived & now i find out that adrenal fatigue is the culprit.........when u r under stress & ur adrenals r over worked & under productive, the stress doesn't get handled by the adrenals, which is what they r for, not to mention keeping ur body running so u don't drop dead.........if u only have enough adrenal hormones to manage in an unstressed condition, there is none left over for stress that is out of the ordinary..........i use to tell my dr that just getting awake & out of bed was more than i could handle..........there were many mornings where just getting out of bed to pee, would have me running to the toilet........it would b so sudden with no warning........u could try some licorice root DGL, i think..........this does some good, it is a natural cortisone herb........u may find u need to take alot of it.........the more fatigued ur adrenals r, the more u may need...........my dr gives me hydrocortisone cause my adrenals were in the toilet, so to speak.......i was slowly dying..........truly i was.........& here's a little info, if u have adrenal fatigue, u r hypothyroid, too......they go hand in hand together.........so hope u get the help u need........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts