Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i'm new on here and just wondered if anyone else gets really bad nausea as well as flatulance and bloating. Amazingly I don't get any pain but I pass a clear liquid which I thought was diarrhoea but when I looked it was just something very clear - no colour - does anyone know what this is please? I've had colonoscopy and upper endoscopy but nothing was found. Thanks for any help, Sarah

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Try the Ginger capsules for the nausea like I mentioned on your other thread(try a health food store if you can't find them in your pharmacy or grocery store or purchase them online).I do not know what you are talking about as a clear liquid?? If it was mucous you'd know right?? Ask your Dr about that one.Digestive enzymes have been known to help those with bloating. For the gas...You could use simethicone (an anti gas agent In the US that's like Gas X or Phazyme in the UK Windeze..etc) WITH meals. Or try a gas prevention diet:http://www.endowsec.com/pated/edtgs12.htmAll the best

·
Registered
626 Posts
Are digestive enzymes available over the counter? I might give them a shot, if so...Also, I rarely experience nausea, but I've been getting mild, occasional nausea lately (doesn't seem to be related to food/eating though), and last night it was so bad that I acually had to force myself to vomit just so I could get to sleep. Yuck. I totally sympathize with anyone who has to deal with extreme nausea on a daily basis...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you everyone. Have written down all these hints and will purchase remedies tomorrow and give them all a try.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you - yes I have bought some pieces of ginger but my nausea is so severe my gp has prescribed cyclizine which seems to help thank goodness.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In addition to having IBS-A, I also have gastroparesis. I suffer from severe nausea and I have to take a prescription drug for it called Zofran. I never had any luck with ginger in any form. I have also tried a homeopathic drug called Nux Vomica 30X. It seems to take the edge off of my break through nausea.

·
Registered
293 Posts
For the nausea my Dr has given me Metoclopramide and it is a lifesaver. I tried ginger and it did nothing at all for me.For the gas I find that charcoal capsules work brilliantly. You take 2 after every main meal and within a day or 2 of taking them continuously you will notice a huge difference. They cost me here in the UK £2.99 for 100 capsules

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you but what is IBS A? I'm carrying around metroclopromide everywhere I go as this absolute nightmare-level nausea comes out of the blue - even in shops when I have just been feeling perfectly ok - so I never go anywhere without it!! Zofran rings a bell. Will have to look it up. Anyway good luck to you! Kind regards, Sarah in Ipswich.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think you might have a parasite or Giardia. This can cause terrible diarrea, smelly gas, nausea, feeling weak/tired/dizzy etc. The nausea makes me think it's something like that rather than IBS or LG. If you feel constantly weak or tired or get dizzy or lightheaded, then go to your doctor and do a stool sample and get some antibiotics for parasites.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I'm new here. I also suffer from 24/7 nausea with my I.b.s. I was told about 6 years ago I have I.b.s., and my I.b.s. is so bad i feel like i have food posioning all the time. I dont like to take drugs for my i.b.s. or for the nausea, so i saw a non drug nausea wrist band that uses pressure points to control and stop the nause Feeling. I have to say it worked, and maybe you should try it to. They sell the nausea bands at the drug stores.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, I am constantly feeling nauseated due to my IBS-C (at least, that's my conclusion, I see a new Gastro Dr. this week) and have to take Zofran which causes even more constipation. I get heartburn a lot and drink baking soda and water which helps neutralize the acid and helps me burp. That takes away some of the gas pressure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts