Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I was diagnosed in November with both IBS C & D, and have had a terrible time of it! I feel horrible about myself, my relationships are on the rocks, I can't live my life, or do the simpliest things, like get out of bed in the morning! My doc told me that in the 15 years she has been a doc she has NEVER seen someone with IBS as bad as me. I am in constant pain, nobody understands my illness, heck, I don't even understand it yet. I feel horrible about myself, and just wish this never happened to me! I don't know where to start on making myself feel better! I was put on Buscopan, and it had made things worse not better, so I took myself off. I need some serious help people! I'm new at this, and desperate for some knowledge.

·
Registered
202 Posts
You've certainly come to the right place for help. It's very frustrating to have IBS and even doctors tend to be confused about it. It can sometimes make you feel like staying inside, afriad to face the world, sometimes you really have to stay home. I have had so many problems with it. I had to quit working. It has been awful, but I find a tremendous amount of support here, even if just to see how others cope. I also have had signficant changes in my life recently that have meade things better, getting married again and getting a job that I might just be able to do even though I'm not totally symptom free. I think we all go through ups and downs with IBS, and when we feel emotionally bad, or stressed, it makes it so much worse. I hope you will find some relief. You certainly will get support and understanding here.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Be patient,read many post here to learn with the others experiences.Something good should happen at sometime.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.