Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi kathleen i saw a lot of your contributions on the forum and i figured that you could be a huge help to met tried to send you a message but the site said you can't receive new messages so i really hope you see this. I'm 21 years old and i am terrified that i might have colon cancer. i have had constipation all of my life and i never thought too much of it until recently i have had a few problems this year. the first being sometimes i have really bad burning sensations sometimes. it has happened twice, to the point where I'm bent over trying to numb the discomfort some how (this is all while i am sitting on the toilet.) the last time this happened, i vommited and i felt better and this problem hasn't happened since. for maybe the past 5-8 years i have had problems with blood in my stool from the large and hard stools so i wasn't too worried. this weekend i noticed a lot more bright red blood in one of my stools, but i was not too worried, so i wiped and the same day at night i went to sit on the toilet and before i even began to pass a stool there was bright red blood dripping into the toilet. i passed the stool and told myself if i woke up in the morning and it was still bleeding, i would go to the hospital. when i woke up i sat on the toilet and the blood started dripping again. now its not as if there was a backup of blood that occurred when i woke up and a lot of blood came out, it was just small drips and i passed gas while on the toilet and no buildup came out. i went to the emergency room, and the dr examined my anus. he said it wasn't hemorrhoids (at least external) or any fissure. he said i should be fine and if the bleeding didnt stop over the weekend to come back, and that i should go to a GI and get checked out regardless because of the very small chance of colon cancer. i was okay with this and i went home but that same day i started feeling weak. i have had this feeling on and off since friday but it has been most of sunday and it still feels pretty weird. theres no more blood dripping and none in my stool as far as i can tell. however i do still feel bloated and weak/nauseous/ loss of appetite when do feel nauseous. i know u don't like it people google symptoms but my symptoms seem to be consistent with colorectal cancer and anemia which can be associated with colorectal cancer. if you could PLEASE help ease my mind I'm very stressed and scared of having a colonoscopy done. i really would appreciate your help with getting myself together. I'm sorry if this message was long or graphic. I'm new to the site and don't really know the correct terminology or etiquette i should be using. please reply asap!!! thank you so much

1 - 1 of 1 Posts