Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
919 Posts
What a *&*&####!
I cannot believe he had the nerve to say something like that. Glad to hear she told him off. You can see this GP is in the field not because he cares for people, but because of the money. That really burns me up. I don't even know your mom, so I can imagine how angry you are!!!!! There are some doctors out there who are so arrogant. Although this isn't as serious, my mom had an incident with an OBGYN. Her and my dad had been FAITHFULLY married for 30 years. She went there and the guy after doing a pap told her she had Condoloma, a sexually transmitted disease. My mom said it was impossible because she had been faithful and trusted my dad to know he wasn't messing around. Then he told her that "you never really know someone". My mom left understandably upset and her and my dad talked things through. My father said it was not possible. She went for a second opinion and the new Obgyn ws so angry and called and reamed the other one out. Turned out she had nothing. It's one thing to misdiagnose something, but the new Obgyn was angry also because this guy said it could only be transmitted sexually when in reality hot tubs, bathtubs etc. are also places you could pick something like that up. It's a good thing my mom got a second opinion, and she too called and reamed him out. Other women in our area have had problems with this jerk as well. He's been really popular for doing unnecessary surgeries. A family friend of ours used to work in his office and he actually asked all employees there to sign a form saying that they would not talk about procedures that were carried out at his office. She wouldn't sign it, and shortly thereafter quit. I hope everything goes well with your mom. I feel so bad for her for having to go through this. Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and her at this difficult time.((hugs))Kari

· Registered
919 Posts
Hi Bellyknot,I am not sure, but my friend told me recently that she thought she heard he was being sued. I have heard a lot of bad stories about him. My friend's father is a doctor (Dr.s don't usually seem to bad mouth each other) but he had nothing nice to say about the guy either. The sad part is that the other women in the office actually signed the form. Kathleen refused and he wound up cutting her hours so she would quit. If that were me I would have reported his "cover ups". I agree with you. I think the best way to find a dr. is by word of mouth. I am still in shock and angry that your mom's GP would say something like that. Could you perhaps ask the doctor in the ER if she could refer a good doctor?Hope everything goes well for your mom. :love: kari

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.