Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This post is expressing my disgust and fear of SOME of those in the medical profession. Two years ago my mom had an episode that caused a huge spike in blood pressure, vision problems, and some transitory confusion. Her GP ordered all the tests, brain scan and some others. At that time we were told everything was fine and there was no sign of stroke or brain attack. Her heart was fine and "well..its just her age" and physically she's doing just fine. I can accept that but lately she's had episodes of passing out and losing her balance. Tonite she went to the ER and the on call physician was noticably irritated at her GP as she showed sign of scarring from previous "brain attacks" on the scan and her carotid (spelling?) is 90% blocked. She has surgery on Thursday.The worst part of this is that her GP at her last visit said, "Well Lucille, I guess you'll be leaving us soon, Let us pray." My mother at 88yrs old complied with his wishes and then after she got home her anger began to rise so the next day she went and told him off. I didn't know about any of this until tonight after her neighbor told me. Now, Is this professional behavior? I am outraged that he would say something like this and not do anything or inform her of what her tests actually showed. Because she has never been ill before she just thought she was depressed and there was no physical explaination for her problem. Her surgery to clear the blockage is set for Thursday but thanks only to the ER doc. This GP was sued last year and almost lost his license but no one knows why. All of his patients are elderly. Are we talkin Dr Death? Over treatment is one thing but informing the patient is another.By the way, my gut's in an absolute uproar. Thanks for listening, sorry so long.Non-believer

· Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all who responded. It really helps to know you are there.I sure wish there was some way of looking up background checks on dr's and not just for hospital disciplinary action but for all lawsuits. I know alot of them are frivolous, but I still feel we have the right to see.Oh yeah, the dr. is not elderly, he's younger than me (54) but I think he's gone over the edge with his religious fervor.

· Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I-H8-ibs,What the hell is the matter with that GYN? That's just plain SICK!! Has he been reported? This is pretty scary stuff, I guess the best thing to do is get a referral from someone you know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.