Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I occasionally get this really weird feeling in my stomach and my esphagus, that feels like I swallowed a sock and it is stuck in there. I know this sounds really weird. It doesn;t really hurt, but it is very uncomfortable and it usually lasts all day or for hours. It doesn't happen too often, but often enough. I have been experienceing this since I was in my teens, and it is becoming more frequent as I get older. I am 28 now.Has anyone else experienced this??Or am I just a freak of nature?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey, Dre;I'm not officially diagnosed with IBS but I'm almost positive I will be in the near future. I've had problems with it and dysautonomia all my life, so the range of vexing corporeal experiences I've had present something of a symptomatic freak show.My guess is that people suffering from IBS and dysautonomia have whacky-do nervous systems with 'inappropriate' responses to different stimuli. I think for IBD is a similar case involving the innate immune system's functioning as a part of the reaction. But with IBS, muscle contractions seem the key factor, so spasms anywhere from the top of the throat to the rectum seem not only possible, but likely.I've had all sorts of wonderful (can you detect my note of sarcasm?) sensations in my esophagus. It seems to lock when when I drink water, making it impossible to continue without feeling as if I'll choke. I've had the lumps in my throat, spasms just at the back, strange squirming sensations, and even a feeling of it freezing over. The sensation that a sock is shoved in there sounds perfectly on par with everything else, and I'm if you have GERD it's exacerbated by the stomach acid.Hope that helps ease any worries it may be causing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts